Perez denies Madrid plans to sell Ronaldo

Perez denies Madrid plans to sell Ronaldo
Speaking at press conference at which the Real Madrid president gave his full backing to under-fire coach Rafa Benitez, Florentino Perez has denied the club are looking to sell Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer transfer window.

The Portuguese star has been continually linked with a move to PSG and a return to the Premier League at the end of the season, but the Blancos supremo moved to quash the rumours.

"Those who say I want to sell Cristiano do so in an attempt to destabilise [my position]," the 68-year-old told the press.

"It annoys me that journalists said I have been attending any lunch meetings to discuss Ronaldo's sale.

"I have never dined with Paris Saint-Germain's president or [Ronaldo's agent] Jorge Mendes to sell Ronaldo.

"Those who think I would meet with the president of PSG on the same day as a crucial match to talk about selling Ronaldo are naive."

Reports had also claimed that the Portuguese star himself had issued Perez with a 'him or me' ultimatum ahead of Monday's impromptu presser, which the Madrid chief also denied

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neymar's right: Ronaldo should not be on Ballon d'Or shortlist

Chelsea take 'crisis' to a new level

Perez denies Madrid plans to sell Ronaldo