Kidman Wins Top Award For West End Show

The Hollywood star walks away with a prestigious award despite revealing that during rehearsals she got "real stage fright".
Nicole Kidman
Nicole Kidman has won the best actress prize at the prestigious London Evening Standard theatre awards for her portrayal of overlooked DNA scientist Rosalind Franklin in Photograph 51
Speaking before the ceremony to celebrate the best of British acting, she said: "I kind of jumped into it without realising how much I was taking on so halfway through the rehearsals I got real stage fright.
"To be standing here today is extraordinary and I am so so glad that I did it.
"I did it for my father, who was a scientist - he has been orbiting around this whole thing - and also for Rosalind, who was not recognised in her lifetime. That has been very very important to me.
"Photograph 51 was written by a female playwright about a female scientist so to be able to champion that was an honour and a privilege."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neymar's right: Ronaldo should not be on Ballon d'Or shortlist

Chelsea take 'crisis' to a new level

Perez denies Madrid plans to sell Ronaldo